Vespa Parking Only

26 May
3:10 pm, Via Montefiore, Trastevere

10 Responses to “Vespa Parking Only”

1. nyc/caribbean ragazza May 26, 2007 at 1:44 pm #

sigh. this photo makes me “homesick”.

2. Shelley - At Home in Rome May 26, 2007 at 1:48 pm #

Aw, non ti preoccupare, ragazza, you’ll be back here before you know it!! And I hope you’re having a relaxing Saturday…

3. Mitch May 26, 2007 at 8:48 pm #

I have to agree with ragazza…If I were to close my eyes and imagine an afternoon in Rome, it looks something like that!(Of course, it also includes some stuffed zucchini blossoms and a little charcuterie and wine… but hey…)Looks great!

4. Julie May 28, 2007 at 3:07 am #

I’d like to jump into that picture; its like a fairytale!

5. Buda Baby May 28, 2007 at 6:28 am #

It is scenes like this that make it so easy to fall in love with Italy.

6. Marianne May 28, 2007 at 8:08 pm #

Ahhhh, to wander the streets of Rome in the spring. Perfection! Beautiful picture. What kind of camera do you use?BTW: I’m sure you are aware of this annual event, but check out the pictures on Fr. John Zuhlsdorf’s(Fr.”Z”)Blog of the “tongues of fire” (a.k.a. red rose petals)http://wdtprs.com/blog/2007/05/pentecost-at-the-pantheon/falling through the oculus of the Pantheon during yesterday’s Pentecost Mass. Very cool! I love your blog! How I wish I could talk my recently divorced (from her childhood sweetheart)best friend (since sixth grade) into taking a trip to Rome…it would be great to stay in your smaller apt.! They look great.

7. Jeff Gromen May 29, 2007 at 7:55 am #

Look out for the vigilanza! I was surprised to learn that scooters can get parking tickets. In this case I think it should be allowed if the scooter “belongs there”.Jeff

8. Shelley - At Home in Rome May 29, 2007 at 8:38 am #

Jeff: You’re back! Well, I don’t know who the scooter belongs to but probably the person who lives there… but that’s not me. You couldn’t pay me to risk my life here in Rome on a scooter… my car is bad enough.

9. sandi @ the whistlestop cafe May 31, 2007 at 1:55 am #

I love your blog!

10. FinnyKnits June 1, 2007 at 5:40 pm #

Do you have a larger copy of this photo you can email to me? I want to desktop it. Yes, yes, I’m pretending. xo Finny