It’s the Bimby, and it does everything

11 Jul

Bimby

People. Have you ever heard of this thing, the Bimby?

My first encounter with the Bimby was about four years ago, at a friend’s house in the north of Italy (Biella). It was this little, unsuspecting, utilitarian blender-looking gadget taking up minimal counter space in the kitchen. Little did I know that it “fa tutto” that is, “does everything.”

The Bimby, an appliance of German origin, seems to be a gadget that’s popular with northern Italian households. I haven’t ever seen one in a Roman house. That is, until one recently turned up on the kitchen counter at the house of two of our best friends here in Rome, who just had a baby a few months ago. Both of our friends come from towns in the north of Italy, though, so that might have a little something to do with the Bimby’s appearance.

Our friends had purchased the Bimby in order to make baby food. But we inaugurated it at their house with an incredible pineapple sorbet. Apparently, the only things the Bimby cannot do are fry food and iron clothes. Other than that, it can make everything from mayonnaise to juice, yogurt to bread, cakes, and pies, soup to cocktails, mashed potatoes to pie crust, pork roast to risotto, broth cubes to marmellade. And the best part of all? It requires the kitchen finesse of a chimpanzee. You just dump in the measured amounts of ingredients according to the Bimby Bible Cookbook, push some buttons, and whiz bang, it’s ready. Love.

So, needless to say, I want. Yes, wanting is one thing, but having is quite another. These gadgets are distributed in that nebulous category occupied by vaccuum-cleaner salespeople and Amway representatives. You have to know someone, have a home demonstration, and it costs a pretty centesimo. To the tune of like €900 *I think* although I haven’t been able to pin anyone down on the exact price new. Yikes, people. That’s steep. Even eBay might not save you.

Outside of Italy, this device is also known as the Vorwerk Thermomix. This article talks about “Europe’s do-it-all appliance” and how the ex-chef director of distribution in Spain calls it a “magic pot” and claims that they sell one every five minutes. One Spanish chef quoted in the article has six of these doo-dads in his restaurant kitchen.

Folks, this is a mysterious and intriguing little machine. It claims to save time in the kitchen, which makes me think: hey Finny, this could be the solution to your meal assembly dilemma.

Here I’ll show you how it made us some really delish pineapple sorbet.

Bimby 2

This is the inside of the Bimby. It doesn’t look like much, I know. The first step in the pineapple sorbet recipe was to make powdered sugar. So, we added regular granulated sugar, pushed the required buttons and programmed the required amount of time on the control panel…

Control panel

…and the next thing we knew, poof! We had real, honest-to-goodness powdered sugar.

Powdered sugar

Next, we added some chunks of frozen pineapple, some lemon juice, and again programmed the buttons/time. It’s kind of fun, like a science experiment. Before long, we had a delicious sorbet:

Sorbet

The idea that I could make an entire meal, from aperitivo to appetizer to first, second, side dishes and dessert, with just this one little machine? Well folks, it just boggles the mind. If the stuff that came out of it was crap, that would be one thing … but it’s not. It’s really good. Look at the sheer quantity of things you can create with this list of Italian recipes.

Do any of you have one of these or have you ever seen one? If you have one, I’m jealous. If you decide to sell it, let me know!

92 Responses to “It’s the Bimby, and it does everything”

1. romerican July 11, 2007 at 10:44 am #

OMG- looove it! Must have it!

2. Sara, Ms. Adventures in Italy July 11, 2007 at 11:10 am #

Finally the mysterious Bimby makes an appearance!!! I would be interested in any black-market info hehe.

3. Michelle July 11, 2007 at 11:15 am #

My friend has one of these. Don’t know if it’s an actual Bimby but it’s a very expensive kitchen appliance that looks just like this and does all of the things you mentioned. We went over to her house for dinner and everything from aperativo to the contorno came out of this thing and it kind of freaked me out. She was a little TOO into it (kept giving us infomercial-style product demonstrations) – as if she had been inducted into the Bimby cult.

4. jessica in rome July 11, 2007 at 11:28 am #

that looks easy! like I might be able to cook with its help…

5. Deirdré Straughan July 11, 2007 at 2:13 pm #

A friend who owned a bakery/food counter in Lecco had two and raved about them to me – they can cook hot food as well as cold. I’ll try to ask him how one can actually be acquired.

6. Shelley, At Home in Rome July 11, 2007 at 3:37 pm #

Yes, people, it is a kind of “Bimby” cult. I know two households that own one and both are extremely enthusiastic about it. At first I wasn’t convinced, but once I saw the cookbook, I thought… this is cool. Even “I” could do this. And the dishes that come from it are fresh food with authentic ingredients, not fake, processed food, which is a plus. I know it doesn’t fly with traditionalists but for people like me it would be fun to have. Luckily my hubby is a great chef and cooks for stress relief so he’s my personal Bimby for the moment. !!

Michelle: What did you think of the meal your friends cooked? I haven’t tried much beyond the sorbet and some rice dishes, but I’ve been told it does a good job on the other dishes as well.

7. Michelle July 11, 2007 at 3:56 pm #

Shelley,
    I remember everything as being pretty good. Aside from the aperativo cocktail and like a cannellini bean puree, I think she made an asparagus risotto in there and it was good though this person is kind of a “bland” cook (doesn’t use ANY salt or seasonings; I’m the exact opposite – the queen of hand chopping 20 herbs for just one dish) in general. I was impressed with the consistency of the risotto because that’s not easy to pull off in a “robot.” But for 900 Euros, it better work. She’s had it for a couple of years and I know she still uses it. Cristiano does not cook, unfortunately, though I am kind of the self-appointed jefe of the kitchen and when he begins touching things, I shoo him out. But if I had to wait for him to get home from work and cook dinner, I’d be eating at midnight. As it is I cook and reheat while waiting, waiting, waiting…
    Michelle

8. pizzocalabro July 11, 2007 at 6:48 pm #

What I liked most about the Bimby was that it made thickened “Ciobar”-style cioccolata in a snap, with no lumps or whisking–better than the mix. I love that stuff.

9. Sherry July 11, 2007 at 6:55 pm #

This thing is amazing. Must see if I can get one in the States. when I looked it up the only distributor close to here was Florida. Hmmmm….

10. Kelli July 11, 2007 at 6:59 pm #

It seems like every Kitchenaid appliance rolled into one — which would actually be cheaper than buying all of the others. Wow! So cool. So, it bakes?

11. FinnyKnits July 11, 2007 at 10:55 pm #

I see it available on eBay. But I loathe shopping eBay. However, I *might* be willing to assuage my loathing long enough to get my hands on a real fa tutti machine.

Does it make julianne fries? That is the real test of its tutti-ness.

Shelley – If you get your hands on this gem, I will gladly spend some time alone with it next time I’m visiting.

12. Jeff July 12, 2007 at 9:45 am #

Well it has lots of buttons so that’s good sign but I don’t see random flashing lights. My fight for a technologically perfect life says I must have it but…when they make one that cleans itself!!! :)

13. Shelley, At Home in Rome July 12, 2007 at 12:11 pm #

Pizzocalabro: Sounds good. My husband loves Ciobar, but I’m still partial to American-style hot chocolate, which he refers to as water.

Sherry: I know, isn’t it tempting? I’m actually kind of surprised this hasn’t taken off in the States, given our American tendency to latch on to new gadgets. Perhaps it’s the price, and like the article says, the lack of a decently-translated cookbook and electric conversion problems.

Kel: I haven’t really figured out if it actually bakes or just makes the dough. The recipes for bread that I’ve seen so far will make the dough, but then you have to put it in the oven.

Fin: Ale started looking on eBay too, but so far it keeps selling pretty high. I’m not sure how high we’d be willing to go to get one of these, but if we ever do get a good deal, at least with your Italian you’ll be able to read the cookbook too!

Jeff: Agreed! And random flashing lights are always an added bonus as well.

14. Beth July 12, 2007 at 3:29 pm #

Shelley–
    I have a stack of these cards–found in my mailbox. Vorwerk Folletto, Agente di Zona, (Parioli) Cristiano Petrassi, cell. 338.9644956 or 393.7920083. Dimonstrazone Gratuita “senza impegno” They seem to be in my neighborhood all the time–give them a call and get your free demonstration :)

15. Shelley, At Home in Rome July 12, 2007 at 3:48 pm #

Beth: Don’t tempt me like that! I just might call! “Senza impegno” is great, of course they probably pester you anyways. But I most likely won’t actually call until I know I’m in the market to purchase one. So roughly speaking, that’s more or less once I win the lottery… sad.
    Thanks for the tip though, I’ll keep it on file in case I come into some soldi…fingers crossed!

16. jo July 24, 2007 at 11:04 pm #

how much does this machine cost

17. jo July 24, 2007 at 11:05 pm #

how much does this machine bimby cost U.S. currency

18. Marcy Anderson August 8, 2007 at 6:53 pm #

My best friend and family are from Rome and visiting here in Galveston for the week. Bitte was telling us all about her Bimby and we could not figure out what it was she was talking about. No machine on this planet could do all the things she was describing. I had to see if you could even Google this thing. Obviously I found the right site! This is awesome. I want the American distributorship. I can’t cook (AT ALL) and my mishaps in the kitchen are legendary. If I can get one thing to come out of this appliance that looks and tastes like it should, I AM SOLD!! Does anyone know where to get one of these in the US? Thanks! Marcy

19. Teresa Barrett August 18, 2007 at 10:37 pm #

Hi! I live in Portugal and I recently purchased a Bimby from a trusted friend. It costs €905 and truly is a wonder machine. You can pay by instalments, up to 4 years. I chose to pay €300 3 times. I have saved so much money since buying it, because I can make lots of stuff at home that I would otherwise have to buy in the shops. As my husband and I and our daughter ate in restaurants a lot, we save even more! Example: bread crumbs, ice-cream, bread (this is mega fantastic), cakes, pizza (dough, sauce, everything), powdered sugar, soups, stews, juices, milkshakes, mayonnaise, risotto, and so on. It has a fabulous steamer device called a Varoma that you place on top of the “jug” and you can steam veggies, fish, chicken, couscous, you name it. I am TOTALLY satisfied and highly recommend it. Not sure about the US, though. Teresa

20. Teresa Barrett August 18, 2007 at 10:47 pm #

Hi again,

It costs 1,217 US dollars. Seems like a fortune, but you really save A LOT of money. Pizza, for instance, costs a fraction of the ready bought variety. Also, it doesn’t do “oven” cooking or baking, or deep frying. For bread, you make the dough in the Bimby, let it rise and then pop it in the oven.
    Also, after use, you pour some water in it, put it on a medium setting (like 5) for about 60 seconds and the water swishes around and pretty much cleans it. Of course you still need to rinse it out and make sure the blades are properly clean, but it loosens most of the dirt.

21. Teresa Barrett August 22, 2007 at 2:18 pm #

Other things your Bimby can make/do: jams, yoghurt, whipped cream, sauces, chops onions and any other vegetables, pulverizes dried chick peas to make flour, pie crust and fillings, etc.

22. Sara Hawker December 13, 2007 at 2:37 pm #

My husband and I spent a few months in Florence last year. We were lucky enough to have our landlord invite us to dinner a few times. She made a meat ragu with the Bimby and I’ve been looking for one ever since. It was delicious. It makes a lot of sense now why it was impossible to find in the stores there either.
    I’ve checked ebay, no luck so far! Thanks for the post.

23. Emmy Abboud February 11, 2008 at 11:53 pm #

I live in Canada, I read that one person living in Portugal has bought Bimby, we are now in Albufeira and would very much like to know who sells it in Portugal and how to contact the vendor. If it sells in Canada or the states please let me know.

Thanks

24. Emmy Abboud February 11, 2008 at 11:54 pm #

Its amazing but I would like to know where can I buy it in Canada

25. Anna March 25, 2008 at 7:00 pm #

Hello, I live in New York and I would like to know if there is a place here where I can buy it,. thanks a lot.

26. Connie March 30, 2008 at 4:46 pm #

Hello,
    I live in Connecticut USA and would like to know where I can purchase the Bimby machine

27. Feroza Ebrahim March 31, 2008 at 9:13 am #

My niece and family are from Portugal and visiting us here in South Africa for the week. Fawzia was telling us all about her Bimby and we could not figure out what it was she was talking about. No machine on this planet could do all the things she was describing. I had to see if you could even Google this thing. Obviously I found the right site! This is awesome. I want the South African distributorship. I can cook fairly well, but spend a lot of time travelling, and If I can get one thing to come out of this appliance without making a huge fuss, then I AM SOLD!! Does anyone know where to get one of these in the South Africa Johannesburg? Thanks! Feroza

28. Terry May 13, 2008 at 1:02 pm #

We received a Bimby as a wedding gift – my wife is Italian, and her sister had one on her wedding day too. Of course, Mama has one, but one of the earlier models. Thinking of the cost (£750 ish) – we’d have been really hesitant if we’d seen one on the shelf, but having owned one, we’d replace it like a shot. We use it pretty much every day for all manner of purposes; and recently started using it to make dough – which is ridiculously easy to do!!! We also have a 10 month old, and it has been invaluable for weaning!

29. Gabi May 20, 2008 at 9:31 am #

I live in Portugal where this machine sells like hot potatoes. I’ve had my Bimby for 4 years and can honestly say it changed my life for the better. I can’t wait to use every day! The first day we got it my husband cooked me a 3 course meal all by himself!

30. Joseph June 4, 2008 at 8:02 pm #

Hi I have just come back from Italy and yes this machine is great live in the USA in Florida and would like to know where we can buy One. thanks Joe

31. DENIZ BADRUTT July 9, 2008 at 12:39 pm #

CAN I USE IT IN THE USA? WHERE CAN I BUY IT?

32. Celestino Posteraro August 4, 2008 at 8:34 pm #

Please let me know if there is a DVD how to use Bimby! Many thanks Celestino

33. Dan August 31, 2008 at 10:21 pm #

Just discovered a new forum for Bimby Recipes. People share recipes and ask questions. Seems interesting…

34. Isabel Jardim September 1, 2008 at 7:03 pm #

I was just in Portugal and fell in love with the Bimby. I would like to find a place in the United States where I could buy one.
    Thanks Isabel

35. Guido Guerriero September 5, 2008 at 9:38 pm #

CAN I USE IT IN THE USA?
    WHERE CAN I BUY IT?
    How much does it cost?
    Why is it a secret?

36. Andre September 26, 2008 at 2:50 pm #

I can sell you Bimby in the US. The scale is in grams and the temp. in Celcius and the voltage is US compatible 110V.
    It costs about 1900 US dollar, 1300 euros.
    If you are interested just email me.
    Thanks Andre

37. Joana November 16, 2008 at 5:30 am #

Hi Andre
    Where in the US are you? I really want one these for me. My mom has one back home in Portugal and I used it EVERY day I was there…
    I can only find one contact in FL and the website says nothing about the TM31, only previous models

38. Marion November 27, 2008 at 10:15 am #

Ciao I saw the bimby whilst visitng my daughter in verona this august! I was smitten as her employer announced with each delicious course that it was all down to the Bimby!I think I’ve been dreaming of one since then!!!I’m sure it’ll make my life easier!!!

39. Lio December 15, 2008 at 4:25 pm #

Hi all!!!
    I found this discussion perchance. I’m italian but i’m living in Canada from 2003. I bought my first Bimby 25 years ago, and now I’m at my 3d Bimby. I’m still in love with it, I does all with it: 25 years of perfect marriage! I have tons of recipes, from everywhere in the world.
    Italian cuisine it’s very diversified and with Bimby I can do all with gorgeous success.
    I was ask for teaching how to use Bimby and italian cooking :D:D
    I know that in Canada there is a resellers in Quebec City where I brought my TM 21 ( the old one Bimby) to repair. I’ve all my 3 italian Bimby with me here in Canada and often you could see all the 3 working togheter!!!
    It’s not a cheap appliance, but for sure be worth all its price.
    Sorry for my bad english :$
    I only wished to share my experience!
    Have a great day
    Lio

40. Anucha December 21, 2008 at 12:40 am #

Hi all,
    I’m portuguese agent of Bimby, and leave in Algarve.
    If you need an apresentation and good conditions of payment, pls contact me: avfsimoes@gmail.com
    I have the Bimby books in english and german.
    Thanks
    Anucha

41. Nadine December 26, 2008 at 11:42 am #

Where can I buy a 110 volt Bimby?

42. Nan Reis January 6, 2009 at 2:00 am #

Please, let me know : where in Jo’burg or anywhere in South Africa, can I buy
    this “magic” machine?
    Regards
    Nan

43. Marta January 27, 2009 at 2:45 pm #

I got Bimby from my mother in law a week ago, she is portuguese and it came with all books writen in portuguese. Does anybody know any websites where i can find sth in english’
    or maybe you, Anucha could sell me books in english?

44. Donna March 1, 2009 at 8:29 pm #

I would like to find out more about direct selling this in Illinois. Is that a possibility? How much do these units cost to the direct sellers and to the customers? What is the percentage of income that is earned? Please send the info to my e-mail adfalco@aol.com. I appreciate your response.

Thanks,
    Donna

45. Anna Marsicano May 17, 2009 at 5:09 pm #

I just got back from visiting family in Sicily. My cousin made a dynamite meat sauce with Bimby. I would like to know where I can get a Bimby. Would it work with American electric?

Will it become available at any time in the U.S.? I would appreciate a response, thank you, Anna

46. Carmela June 5, 2009 at 2:40 pm #

I live in the usa Boston area would like to buy Bimby ASAP where do i get it? I heve seen it in Italy and they tell me is a wonderfull machine.
    Please let me know i heve a big party coming and would like to sue it. Thanks

47. Giovanna July 28, 2009 at 10:33 pm #

hello everyone, i just moved to the states from Italy. I do have a bimby, but i need an electoric transformer or converte to make it work here in the states?? i went to like 15 different stores and none have it. It cannot be just a regular converter for the voltage but one also for the frequency…anybody any idea where i can get it?? or any of you have one i can buy for my bimby? please i can’t leave without it anymore..

48. carlota August 9, 2009 at 7:59 pm #

Bimby exists in Portugal as well. My mom and sister bought it are in heaven! In the uk it’s called: http://www.ukthermomix.com/

49. Magda August 20, 2009 at 8:32 pm #

I just returned from the Azores, Portugal. My sister has the Bimby more than 3 years. Every summer I go there I get more and more excited about what Bimby can do.
    This year I didn’t resist to Bimby. I BOUGHT ONE. My daughter is 15 years old. She loves to use Bimby. She uses everyday. It’s saves me time, the recipes are great.
    There you can pay the Bimby up to 6 years and they have right now a special. No interest if you pay in 15 months. The cost is 970 Euros. GREAT BUY

50. Bruna September 8, 2009 at 12:00 pm #

Hey! My mother-in-law just got me one! We live in the Abruzzo region of Italy. She sells them here, and will be doing a demonstration for me today :0) I’m excited to get started on all the recipes and convert a few american ones!!

51. diane October 1, 2009 at 4:10 pm #

Hi all, we have just purchased an apartment in the Algarve, Portugal. One of our estate agents got talking about the bimby, she said a friend had purchased one for 900 euros and she was raving about it. We havent seen them in the UK yet but i think it wont be long before they are here. I dont cook myself my partner does all the cooking in the house and as we are preparing to move to Portimao permanently i cant see that i would use this machine because eating out is so cheap there anyway. However, if you do a lot of cooking then it would defo save on all those other gadgets we have like a bread making machine, blender, steamer, food processor, that take up so much room.

52. Steven Martins October 1, 2009 at 10:59 pm #

Madalena Gomes, reparou que colocou a sua mensagem num blog que *nada* tem a ver com a marca? Se está desiludida, porque não contacta directamente ao representante em Portugal? Enfim.

53. Raffaella October 6, 2009 at 8:22 pm #

Hello. I live in the States and just purchased a Bimby in Italy. I am trying to make it work…does anybody tried to use an European Bimby with an electronic converter without using a “gadget” to tranform frequency as well? I appreciate anyone helping. Raffaella

54. manuela October 8, 2009 at 3:30 pm #

I’m agent of Bimby in USA, please contact me at:
    bimbysalesusa@gmail.com
    Tks

55. manuela October 8, 2009 at 3:32 pm #

I’m agent of Bimby in USA. Please contact me at
    bimbysalesusa@gmail.com

56. ThermomixBlogger Helene October 14, 2009 at 9:27 pm #

Hi – I am a BIG Bimby (Thermomix) fan and blogger. Yes, this machine is now available in North America for 110 V. and no converter is needed. There is a website that tells all about Bimby for Canada and USA: http://thermomixbimby.com

You can see videos and recipes and my blog (!) too. You are welcome to visit and learn about Bimby, no matter where you live.

Ciao!

57. Bruno Mendonca October 23, 2009 at 1:14 am #

Hi everybody, I just recently moved from Portugal to Canada. I know this question has been asked before on this website, but since I didn’t find any answer to it, I’ll post is again. I have an europen bimby and it doesn’t work here in Canada with a normal power converter, give’s error 24. I have learned on this website that you also need a frequency converter. Does any one know if there is one gadget available that does these two things? Or if is it possible to get a frequency converter (which one?) to add to the power converter that I already have? Thanks.

Bruno
    P.S. It’s a great machine!

58. Bruno Mendonca October 23, 2009 at 1:18 am #

Bruno again from last post, my email is bmmca@yahoo.com
    If you have the answer to my question, I’d appreciate if you’d email it to me as well.
    Thanks!

59. hanns October 27, 2009 at 11:31 pm #

Hello,
    We brought our bimby from Italy with us when we moved. What kind of conferter do I need.
    Down from 220/240 to 110/120 but also 1500 watt capacity? and what about the Herz 50/60 is that the same?
    Thanks for any help.
    Hanns

60. hanns November 8, 2009 at 5:40 pm #

To Raffaela,
    I solved my question. I purchased a stepdown,step up converter 1500 watt. $ 69. Now the Bimby from Italy works perfectly.
    Hanns@ Grazia

61. Jenny November 17, 2009 at 11:14 pm #

What would the price be of the Bimby Thermomix TM31 in South Africa??

62. lella difronzo November 18, 2009 at 12:47 am #

I live in California and I like to know how I can buy a Bimby, who sell it in the state.
    Thanks

63. Tiago November 23, 2009 at 12:20 am #

To Hanns

Hi Hanns sory to bother you, but the converter you bought also converts cycles? (60Hz to 50Hz). Or the Bimby works anyway?
    Can you send me a link for the converter you bought?

Tiago

64. Jane Clack December 17, 2009 at 6:50 pm #

I have a Bamix but not a Bimby and I want one. How do you get them in the UK?

65. rita December 18, 2009 at 2:22 pm #

Vivo no Algarve, Carvoeiro, e gostaria de saber se conhecem algum representante ou vendedor da máquina aqui na zona. Se sim agradeço o contacto pois pretendo adquirir uma. Obrigada

66. Bud December 19, 2009 at 11:10 am #

Bimbi has migrated south. We went to dinner at an Italian friend’s house here in Sicily and they had one.

67. Helene January 5, 2010 at 4:28 am #

For everybody who is interested in Bimby and Thermomix there is a fresh new fan site with all the information and links to other good Bimby blogs and websites. (Yes, I am blogging about Thermomix on this new site!)

Salut!
    Helene

68. Manuela January 29, 2010 at 4:39 am #

Hi everyone, I am an agent of Bimby/Thermomix and I have them available for under US$1500 at 110V, the voltage used in the USA. If interested, please contact me at thermomixusa@gmail.com.

69. Hans March 3, 2010 at 4:54 pm #

After reading the comments on this site i am a bit shocked. Isn’t there anyone out there who likes to prepare meals the old fashioned way? I have tried some recipes made with the help of Bimby and i must say that i am not a fan (probably the only one). I will stay with my pots, knives and cuttingboard.

70. mara rader March 10, 2010 at 12:34 pm #

Please would like to get price for the bimby in euros and need to now a time for delivery in italy. Verona

71. Marco March 13, 2010 at 10:44 pm #

that is so easy to get one. Just go http://www.contempora.it and ask for a visit… A demo (free of charge) will be given and than you will take it! FOR SURE! the current price is 945 eur, but it will go to 990 as of April 1st.
    I got mine three weeks ago… cannot live (eat) without him!

72. Kronos March 23, 2010 at 10:06 pm #

Hi everybody,

people who want find Thermomix just can call me ,to have one in Canada . In Montréal or Quebec
    call at (418-561-4848) The price is a same everywhere that meen ,Europe,America,Asie,Australia.J think is a best machine ever ,the Wall street Journal wrote an article dythirambique and the cie worveck during the month ithas been wrote sale like crazy to u.s.a. Was not a publicity article ,but aa critic writter for the journal.

73. Kronos March 24, 2010 at 5:56 pm #

Hi,
    Thermomix is use by St-Amour, L’initiale, Chateau Frontenac,le Toquet,all restaurants in Montréal and Quebec.Greatchief, Jean_Claude Boulet, Daniel Vézina, JEAN SOULARD chateau Frontenac Quebec,Normand Laprise.

74. Beta April 22, 2010 at 10:32 pm #

I’m Portuguese and my niece has one,this machines are sold,on home shows like “Pampered Chef”.Her sis-in-law,does this shows, and from what i see here the price went down,it costs around 800 euros as per one month ago.I too was interested about buying one,and inquire about!

75. Maria Pasahan May 3, 2010 at 4:07 am #

My sister brought a Bimby Tm 31 from Portugal – Europe and we went to get a transformer from a local store and the machine goes up to level 3 and then shows the sign error 24.
    Can anybody help me and get a solution for this because my sister is so sad that her machine is not working here.
    Please email me at mycakes@msn.com if you have any idea how to solve this problem.
    Thanks

76. Tina Lopresti June 27, 2010 at 10:22 pm #

I want one .I live in USAnear NYC.

I live in N.Y.C.im interested in buying one or bring it with me from italy. my quesion is;were can i find this appliance ready converted for the 110 electric voltage?
    im in sicily on vacation.my sister has one and i love to have on too
    tina

77. Ozzy Simoes July 12, 2010 at 11:52 am #

Please let me know where I can get one of these in the Boston MA area. Thanks

78. Carla August 10, 2010 at 8:21 pm #

I would like to order one of these in the MA area!
    I was told by a friend how great it is! Please contact me.

79. Filipe August 21, 2010 at 11:27 pm #

I’m moving from Portugal to the US and akreday sent my Bimby. Is there anyone with the same experience. What kind of converter did you use?
    Is it enough to convert from 110v to 220v? Or about frequency? Does it impact on the use)?
    Thank you for all the help anyone can give me.

80. antonietta bianchini September 3, 2010 at 9:28 pm #

i’m italian and i would like to buy one since everyone in my family back in Italy says it’s a great thing to have. can you tell me the name of the distributor for the USA?
    THANK YOU!

81. marisa September 5, 2010 at 2:43 am #

we have a Bimbi and it is fantastic. we bought it 5 years ago in italy. we would like to know where to purchase extra washers for it and any other cook books that go with it.

82. kathy September 5, 2010 at 4:21 am #

I just went to a demo in Australia and brought one. It is caleed the Thermomix here was of the Patent. It is the best kitchen machine I have ever seen. Forget the Kitchenaid this is time saving,fresh cooking for the family, especially young kids. In Australia it costs $1939.00 Aussie dollars and worth every cent. No it is not cheap but just think how much you can save in preparing and cooking fresh food. FANTASTIC!!!!

83. Laura September 20, 2010 at 11:56 pm #

I just got back form Italy and hand carried a bimby. Could you please E-mail me at laurariolli@gmail.com the link of Step down /Step up converter 1500 Watt. I can wait until I can use it.

I loved the pizza and the sauces.

Ciao, Ciao

84. Arianna October 16, 2010 at 8:56 am #

Bimby is well known in the south of Italy for ages, FYI we bought our first one in Sicily over 15 years ago and the new model about 3, all my friends have one, so I suggest you update your article. Many thanks

85. marianela October 28, 2010 at 5:03 pm #

please does everyone know where i can purchase a bimby here in the states… i live in miami florida thanky you

86. Curiouz November 2, 2010 at 8:22 pm #

Marianela,

It is over-rated, but if you feel you can’t continue to live without it, search for ‘thermomix’ on ebay. You would be better advised to look into the Kenwood Cooking Chef–it is a better machine.

87. barbara B November 26, 2010 at 8:35 pm #

Hi does anyone know where i can buy this in the states? ny los angeles??or anywhere also the manual how to use in english and reciepe”s in english??? please advise

88. Letizia December 2, 2010 at 9:29 pm #

Hello, if somebody knows where to buy the Bimby in USA could let us know? I would be interested in knowing more, and ultimately buy it… my sister in Italy has it, and love it… Grazie!

89. barbara December 10, 2010 at 3:29 am #

Hello, I just c ame back from Italy and brought a bimby with me can anyone send me a website where to buy the converter to make it work, I am having hard time finding one that works I already invested $100 in different ones and none of them is working….! thank you for you help!

90. Filipe December 15, 2010 at 1:17 pm #

Go to the Internet and search for LiteFuze VT-1500 or over. It works perfectly!
    You have to be sure the converter is ok for 1500W or more.

91. Joe December 19, 2010 at 1:28 am #

Hello, I need to buy a converter for a bimby and wanted to ask whether a 1500 W converter will suffice or a 2000W (or more??) is needed. Thanks for any suggestion.

92. Maria March 20, 2011 at 3:44 pm #

My Aunt in Molfetta, Italy is one of their salespeople….I’m wondering if it will ever come to America!