White Chocolate and Pink Peppercorn Gelato

21 Oct

That’s all. Just wanted to create an entire post to express my ongoing appreciation of Gelateria Corona at Largo Argentina.

Dear Corona, you continue to surprise and delight me. White chocolate and pink peppercorn are certainly two flavors I would never DREAM of trying to attempt to send on a blind date. And yet, I was feeling adventurous. I went for it.

Not bad. I don’t think I’d go there again, because the pepper was a bit overpowering and the white chocolate really faded into the background…and yet. It was definitely worthwhile!

Kind of like a quick fling. You might not ever go back for seconds, but you’ll always have the exciting memory.

Others talking about Corona (and NOT the Fabrizio kind, mind you)

Parla Food (maybe in 2009 they were jerks but they’ve always been super friendly, smiley and chatty with me and others I’ve seen getting gelato there)
Google Plus
Trip Advisor
Yelp

About these ads

7 Responses to “White Chocolate and Pink Peppercorn Gelato”

1. Gil October 21, 2012 at 8:27 pm #

White chocolate never did anything for me, but I might try a sampling of pink peppercorn.

2. LC October 21, 2012 at 9:02 pm #

Lovely comparisons to make, gelato flavours and exciting flings… (now there’s a post)

My first ageing Italian teacher said to me that Italian men believe
    you cannot eat the same sauce on your pasta every day! (I am sure you have heard this so many times)

Perhaps there is a link between too many flavours and the fidelity confusion?

Missed your jolly weekend posts, they always make me laugh/think L

3. moscerina October 21, 2012 at 9:20 pm #

Wow, i did not know that Corona was so riskè… will have to walk around the block again.

4. Meister @ The Nervous Cook October 22, 2012 at 12:50 am #

This is exactly the kind of interesting gelato I was DESPERATE for when I was in Italy. (I was on some kind of a mission to find gorgonzola or some such craziness. Pink peppercorn totally would have done the trick. Sigh…)

5. Elizabeth Minchilli October 22, 2012 at 6:43 am #

I love Corona, and don’t think they are ever cranky (at least they’ve always been nice to me and to whoever I send there) I love their granitas, especially almond and pistachio, so never usually make it as far as gelato. Tho I do love their chocolate and armagnac soaked prunes. I just wish they would redecorate!!

6. katieparla October 22, 2012 at 7:31 am #

they were total jerks in 2009. i have clients who will back me up on this. when they closed their piazza venezia location they became super cool. if you want some more funky flavors, check out v-ice, which is located on corso vittorio, a short stroll from the newest piazza corona location and the original one in largo arenula

7. Sarah May (@AntiquaTours) October 26, 2012 at 12:57 pm #

I have always liked that place!