What’s Wrong With This Search?

11 Apr

I was doing some writing/research and needed a picture of parmesan cheese, so I typed into Google’s image search engine “parmigiano reggiano.”

I leave it to you to deduce what is horribly, terribly wrong with Google’s algorithm on this one. (Look closely. If you’re American, you should be able to spot it fairly easily.)

Image

About these ads

8 Responses to “What’s Wrong With This Search?”

1. Jean-Noël April 11, 2014 at 8:59 am #

Hi, not being american, I can’t see what’s so horrible. Is ti the reference to Walmart? thanks for you answer.
    Jean-Noël

• Shelley Ruelle April 11, 2014 at 10:34 am #

Yep that was it. I just don’t want to ever have to associate Walmart with my delicious parmigiano reggiano cheese. I also find it really funny that Walmart popped up in a Google search for it. Why? Strange, no?

2. michelle April 11, 2014 at 2:15 pm #

don’t even want to think that Walmart would hit Italy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just not right!

• Luca Ticconi April 11, 2014 at 3:27 pm #

At least it’s a link to a company that sells the originall product.

• Shelley Ruelle April 11, 2014 at 6:35 pm #

True, you have to hand it to them there. Just: so weird. I don’t associate Walmart with quality Italian imports.

3. Gil April 11, 2014 at 10:36 pm #

I thought that it was wal-Fart!

4. FRANCO in Canada June 22, 2014 at 4:24 pm #

Che novità… no mention of Walmart when doing a search for ‘Pecorino Romano,’ a staple in the diet for the legionaries of ancient Rome.

AND IN OTHER UNRELATED NEWS…
    Learn Italian Hand Gestures with Dolce&Gabbana male models

• Shelley Ruelle June 29, 2014 at 8:46 am #

Franco that is brilliant, just brilliant. Thanks for sharing!