Roman Pizza That Doesn’t Overachieve

3 Nov

Seen in the San Giovanni neighborhood:

“So, how’s the pizza?”
“OK.”
“Ah, not so good, eh?”
“No, it’s OK.”

Runner-up for today’s post: Pizza Buona (Good Pizza) on Corso Vittorio Emanuele II.

“How’s the pizza?”
“It’s good.”
“Just good?”
“Just good.”

20 Responses to “Roman Pizza That Doesn’t Overachieve”

1. Giulia November 3, 2007 at 10:23 am #

Enticing…NOT!

2. André Wegner November 3, 2007 at 12:12 pm #

Aren’t there a couple of OK Pizzas in Rome?
    I recall having seen some around the city.

3. eva November 3, 2007 at 1:34 pm #

hahh hha! sounds like a Seinfeld skit!

4. Shelley, At Home in Rome November 3, 2007 at 3:36 pm #

André: I’ve only seen this one. As far as I know it isn’t a chain. Could just be that several pizza shop owners aren’t overachievers and chose the same name.

5. Jason November 3, 2007 at 4:19 pm #

Too funny…but I see it as an efficient use of very limited sign space. 🙂

6. J.Doe November 3, 2007 at 4:31 pm #

here is an OK Pizza in Florence and my husband and I were always joking about the name, price… (How’s the pizza? “OK.” How are the prices “OK. Not great. Not the best, but OK”) It always made us laugh. Hope you got some laughter out of it as well.

7. nyc/caribbean ragazza November 3, 2007 at 4:43 pm #

that is hilarious!

8. Maryann@FindingLaDolceVita November 3, 2007 at 7:56 pm #

ha ha ha

9. cheeky November 3, 2007 at 8:08 pm #

Only you could post a photo like that and a caption to match. You make me laugh.

10. mentalmosaic November 3, 2007 at 10:12 pm #

If you name your place, ‘ok pizza’ then you don’t have as much to live up to as, say, ‘the world’s best pizza.’

I live around the corner from a Happy Pizza. I guess they’re all about the attitude.

Cute post! 🙂

11. Jennifer November 4, 2007 at 8:49 pm #

That’s too funny! I wonder how the pizza really is…

12. Delkim Bite Alarms April 29, 2013 at 12:53 pm #

My developer is trying to convince me to move to .
    net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because
    of the expenses. But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using
    Movable-type on numerous websites for about a year and am worried about switching to another platform.
    I have heard great things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can
    import all my wordpress posts into it? Any kind of help would
    be really appreciated!

13. What’s up to all, as I am really keen of reading this web site’s
    post to be updated daily. It includes good data.

14. What you believe about the food you eat determines how it affects your body.
    A patient’s small intestines are also severed and reattached so they service each pouch. Then it was off to enrolling in the Silver Hill Psychiatric Hospital in New Canaan, Connecticut.

15. Www.Reasonmusic.ru May 19, 2013 at 1:07 pm #

After you discover the secrets to effective guitar practicing, it will get easier to progress more quickly
    as a musician. In fact, you can probably already start
    writing good rhythm guitar ideas with just a fundamental understanding
    of power chords and open chords. The expansion of the electric guitar is the most recent transformation as well as it has a wide effect on the popularity of
    the guitar.

16. simple guitar songs May 21, 2013 at 10:01 am #

Article writing is also a fun, if you be acquainted with then you
    can write if not it is difficult to write.

17. Bedchairs for Fishing June 15, 2013 at 8:24 pm #

When I originally commented I appear to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a comment
    is added I recieve 4 emails with the same comment. Is there an easy method you can remove me from that service?
    Thank you!

18. Un'americana a Roma June 20, 2013 at 1:36 pm #

You have to remove yourself, there should be a link on the emails that you receive.

19. Back Pain Pain Relief July 12, 2013 at 3:01 pm #

Even though they might do this one time for the wedding, I think there
    can be addictive qualities to these diets, and
    I think that someone might continue to do something like this.

Although special diet and workout plans have been devised for sufferers of this condition, these techniques do
    not work for all people. Get on the path to spiritual
    growth so you can heal the emotional and external reasons you.

20. wiki.worldweb.com.br July 17, 2013 at 4:37 pm #

Appreciating the hard work you put into your site and detailed information you
    offer. It’s nice to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same out of date rehashed
    information. Great read! I’ve saved your site and I’m adding your RSS feeds to my
    Google account.