City Swapping

5 Nov

Great response for this year’s 2nd Annual Great International City Swap! It is going to be a truly international event. Here’s a list of who’s on board…stop by their blogs for some worldly flavor!

And, swappers, in addition to this official list, I’ll be sending you each an email later today with the email address of the person you are sending to. As far as how the buddies were arranged, I mainly just put them in the order that the comments arrived, with the exception of those who specifically requested someone from Italy (you’ll at least receive from Italy if not send to Italy as well), and when two commenters in a row came from the same state, I switched the order up.

On your marks, get set… SWAP!

Melanie in Seoul, South Korea sends to Jessica

Jessica in Rome, Italy (sending from hometown Spokane, Washington) sends to Lizzy

Lizzy in Perth, Western Australia sends to Roam 2 Rome

Ulli in Boston, Masachusetts, sends to Cathy

Cathy in Canberra, Australia, sends to Allie

Allie in San Francisco, California, sends to Paula

Paula in Dothan, Alabama, sends to Christie

Christie in Indianapolis, Indiana, sends to Cinzia

Cinzia in Rome, Italy, sends to Melanie

Please don’t hesitate to drop me an email if you have any questions, and if you have a blog, feel free to post about what you receive when it arrives!

16 Responses to “City Swapping”

1. erin November 5, 2007 at 3:11 pm #

wow! thanks Shelley for getting all of this together! This will be fun

2. Karen Cole November 5, 2007 at 3:32 pm #

Grazie, Shelley!! Thanks for doing all of this work.
    It’s a great idea. Sharing.

3. Sara, Ms. Adventures in Italy November 5, 2007 at 4:06 pm #

Bravi!! Wow, Shelley, that looks like a lot of organizing πŸ™‚ I can’t wait to see everyone’s packages.

4. Robert November 5, 2007 at 4:25 pm #

Hi Shelley,

Thanks so much for all your hard work. I look forward to participating in this City Swap!

5. Tara November 5, 2007 at 5:03 pm #

Thanks for the email Shelley! I am really looking forward to seeing everyone’s goodies!! πŸ™‚ Thanks for organizing!

6. Imani November 5, 2007 at 5:59 pm #

Grazie Mille, Shelly! I appreciate all your efforts in organizing the swap. Hope your stomach flu is subsiding.

7. Kathy November 5, 2007 at 6:07 pm #

How exciting! I haven’t “met” Buda Baby yet, so that makes it even more fun!

Thanks for organizing all of this!

8. Shelley, At Home in Rome November 5, 2007 at 7:49 pm #

Prego to everyone, you’re welcome! It’s my pleasure to organize a fun event like this and I was excited to see such a big turn out this year, 45 people. I’m just keeping my fingers crossed that I didn’t make any mistakes in matching people or forgetting anyone, but I checked it over a few times so I hope not!

9. Monica November 5, 2007 at 8:12 pm #

Hi Shelley, I need Debra’s email please so that i can contact her about getting a package to her… THANKS!

M

10. Janie November 5, 2007 at 8:40 pm #

Thanks so much Shelley! What a great way to get people together and learn about other areas!

11. Lisa November 6, 2007 at 2:54 am #

AW! this sounds fun i’m sorry i missed it!
    I cant wait to hear about it

12. cheeky November 6, 2007 at 5:00 am #

Oh maybe I will get in on the action next year. Sorry I missed this.
    Look forward to hearing about it though.
    xo

13. Stacy November 6, 2007 at 7:25 am #

Thanks for all your hard work =) Hope you are feeling better!

14. Adrienne November 6, 2007 at 5:54 pm #

I’m excited! Thanks for getting this together! πŸ™‚

15. Marianne November 7, 2007 at 5:20 pm #

Ahh, too late to participate. )^: This is a super idea! I definitely hope to participate next year.

16. Antonina January 10, 2008 at 3:44 pm #

I’m devastated that I am to late to participate this year but hope to nest year. I live in a town of 82 thousand when we first moved here 23 years ago it was 27 thousand,but it still manages in the town core to remain small town. If you are at all familiar with the movie ‘It’s a wonderful life’ with Jimmy Stewart our main street looks very much the same set up, with a central boulevards of trees all the way down to our lake { Ontario}Our town is named after Ajax a Greek war God.In Ajax we have the secret camp were spy’s like James Bond were trained during WW2. Ian Fleming got his idea from visiting Camp X.Hope to join in on The 3rd annnual swap city 2008. Ciao Nell