Christmas Shopping at an Italian Pharmacy

5 Dec

The gift for that person who has everything? An Italian pharmacy has just the solution. Santa Claus is bringing lots of goodies and toys…

wait… scratch that.

He’s bringing lots of

blood pressure monitors!

What better way to say “Ti voglio bene” for the holidays?

The ad text reads: “A Pic blood pressure monitor for Christmas has all the warmth of a gift given with the heart.”

Who knew Santa was so health-conscious? Do you think the pharmacy has special gift wrap? Will they throw in some free blood pressure meds?

Ah, the holidays. Let the shopping games begin!

11 Responses to “Christmas Shopping at an Italian Pharmacy”

1. sognatrice December 5, 2007 at 4:32 pm #

Well I certainly wouldn’t have guessed that Babbo Natale was so health conscious. I mean, look at him!

Hey, do you think for Pasqua, they’ll start putting these in the humongous chocolate eggs?

2. Michelle December 5, 2007 at 6:01 pm #

It’s the demographic! Why market to the kiddies in a country with an aging population and one of the lowest birth rates in the world? Hee hee. Fortunately, I do have much nonni love and enjoy talking to my old Milanese neighbors.

3. nyc/caribbean ragazza December 5, 2007 at 6:07 pm #

haha. Do they have a red and green bed pan to go along with it? Or scrubs?

4. anna l'americana December 5, 2007 at 6:58 pm #

tee hee. Italian “marketing” (read with an Italian accent).

5. Darbs December 6, 2007 at 1:36 am #

This is hilarious!!! Sad thing is we probably need that much more in the States than you do there.

6. Jeff December 6, 2007 at 10:09 am #

Hmmm. I still haven’t found something for my parents. Keep up the good gift ideas!!!

7. Jenn December 6, 2007 at 6:07 pm #

Too funny! I was going to say what anna l’americana said. They can market anything!!

8. Robert December 7, 2007 at 12:22 pm #

Ooh, I can see what would happen if I presented one of these to my mum. Mind you, her reaction would probably be the last thing I would see…

9. KC December 7, 2007 at 4:28 pm #

I wish Babbo Natale had brought me one of those last year! Having your own sure beats having to get your pressure checked in the pharmacy every week! 🙂

10. Marco Italy December 9, 2007 at 5:46 am #

A patient in Italy explaining his high blood pressure to his doctor “High blood pressure, dottore. It comes from my family.”

“Your mother’s side or your father’s?” asks the dottore.

“Neither,” replies the patient. “It’s from my wife’s family.”

“Oh, come on,” says the doctor. “How could your wife’s family give you high blood pressure?”

Patient sighs. “You oughta meet ’em sometime, Doc!”

11. Loxobedy July 15, 2008 at 1:57 pm #

The world is divided into people who do things–and people who get the credit.–Dwight Morrow (1873–1931), U.S. politician