Have You Seen Leo?

4 May

Saw this little gem of a poster while walking down Via della Lungaretta the other day:

LOST!!!

Help me find my Leo.
He’s an adorable leopard cub who loves eating raw steaks. Very curious, affectionate and playful. I’m begging you if you see him, contact me at Ho Perso Leo.

Ah, folks, wouldn’t it have been too good to be true to think that a leopard cub was on the loose in Trastevere? The excitement! The sheer drama! The endless search for raw steaks!

Unfortunately, I have to let you down and tell you that it was just a “guerilla marketing” stunt. Apparently this was also attempted in Milan by draping bras on the subway…molto sexy!

Meanwhile, and on a totally unrelated note, I’ve become obsessed with an idea. I want to become a member of the Cesaroni family. There’s this show I Cesaroni and I’ve decided I want to be like the “American cousin” or “American neighbor” or something. Can’t you just totally see me jumping for joy like them? Sooo good!! I’m ready! All’s I’m asking for is just one episode. And hey, if things go well, who knows, maybe the family will adopt me or something. Shelley Cesaroni. It kind of has a ring to it, right? Anyhow, if you know how to get me on I Cesaroni, just let me know. I’m there.

Speaking of my various attempts at 15 minutes of fame, I should be back on the radio soon. I’ll keep you posted.

So, keep your eyes peeled for an 80 kg leopardo roaming the streets of Old Rome; maybe it’ll end up as a menu item, yikes! Let’s hope poor Leo didn’t meet that horrible end.

Oh BTW, contrary to popular belief, I’m not totally cynical about biking in Rome, as I recently discovered the bike path that runs along the Tiber (hello, only took me about FOREVER to discover it). I even got a sticker today from someone handing them out for Bici Roma, a website that gives cyclists in the Eternal City information about bike paths and other related info. Very cool!

13 Responses to “Have You Seen Leo?”

1. Janavi May 4, 2008 at 11:43 pm #

Riding along the Tiber sounds great,but going crosstown? I’d be too chicken.

2. gillian May 5, 2008 at 2:43 pm #

the lost leopard poster is too funny…and too intriguing to not investigate

it’s even made it up here to balduina!! gotta love the you tube video showing the leopard on the metro!

welcome back to blogging – you were very missed!!

3. amanda May 5, 2008 at 4:04 pm #

I love the idea of lost cub terrorizing the tourists. It’s good to have you back your unique insight into life in the Papal City was greatly missed in ‘Blog World’:)

4. Carole DeSimone May 6, 2008 at 4:01 am #

Ciao Shelley,
    have missed you too! I can’t believe it’s almost a year since I visited Trastevere.
    I hope you get the part in the show.

5. nyc/caribbean ragazza May 6, 2008 at 9:50 am #

LOL! I say those posters everywhere when I was working out the other morning. At first I was thinking WTF?! Ha.

Thanks for giving us the real scoop.

Good luck getting on the show. 🙂

6. Gracie May 6, 2008 at 11:12 am #

Why not really try and write to Canale 5? Maybe they are looking for a twist in the sit-com…..

7. Kelli May 6, 2008 at 10:04 pm #

I saw that photo in your flickr account and nearly lost my lunch! I am so glad it is a stunt.

8. virginia May 7, 2008 at 3:12 pm #

I’ve seen it in Bologna too

9. Beryl Singleton Bissell May 8, 2008 at 10:55 pm #

Found you while searching for blogs on Italy. My husband and I hope to go to Italy in October and need to bone up on what’s what where. First time I saw Italy was 34 years ago with my now deceased husband who wanted to show me “all of my Italy.” The last time I saw Italy was the year he died . . . 30 years ago.

10. SWT May 10, 2008 at 9:09 am #

My 8 year old daughter came home from school singing the I Cesaroni theme so I started to watch the show! It surprisingly is a fun show to watch (this from someone who learned most of her Italian from Maria de Filippi shows 10 years ago!! and since then have given up Italian TV!). I think you’d be a great American cousin/neighbor and I’m sure they’d go for the idea. Good luck!

11. Zhu May 20, 2008 at 3:53 am #

Someone actually lost a baby lion in Ottawa a couple of weeks ago. It was found by the police…

You never know! 😆

But the owner didn’t put a poster, true. Oh well, it was cute anyway.

(Just browsing expats blogs and found yours…)

12. Joseph F. Krupsky June 11, 2008 at 7:01 pm #

Greatly appreciate your insights which are more than well written. Break a leg with the film career.

13. Pwhndvve August 9, 2008 at 5:45 pm #

Thousands and look closer buy cytotec dead hand estivities.