Advertisements

Globalizzazione

9 Nov

This is sure proof that the world is indeed getting smaller.

Maple syrup, or at least 5% of it, has arrived in my neighborhood grocery store.

2011-11-07 11.40.29

Could Aunt Jemima be boarding an intercontinental flight as we speak?

Advertisements

12 Responses to “Globalizzazione”

  1. Jessica November 9, 2011 at 1:21 pm #

    I was wondering about this the other day: suddenly all the things I’ve ever whined about not having in Italy or France: Maple Syrup, Cheddar, Reeses, Zip Lock bags, ect. have ALL appeared at the stores I shop at over the last 6 months. So of course I buy them all in abundance, then I’m like: meh. The syrup is still unopened and cheddar doesn’t taste as good as I remember. I do use the zip lock bags though.

  2. anna l'americana November 9, 2011 at 3:16 pm #

    I’m having a laughing fit thinking of the word “pancake” pronounced in Italian…. can’t catch my breath and for the life of me don’t know why it’s that funny….

  3. Liz November 9, 2011 at 11:54 pm #

    Holy hell…. I’m going to ask Ale to say pancake when I go home. Anna L’Americana has me curious…

  4. Un'americana a Roma November 10, 2011 at 10:35 am #

    When I saw Ziploc bags at Ikea a few months ago I was like SCORE! But then when I was back in the States on business in September dontcha know I was at Target buying up gallon and quart size. Geez it’s like expat crack, those damn Ziploc bags. Someone could make a fortune over here. Spacciatore di Zeeplaahck.

  5. Un'americana a Roma November 10, 2011 at 10:35 am #

    PAHHHNNCCAAAHHHKKE

  6. Un'americana a Roma November 10, 2011 at 10:36 am #

    Anything English pronounced with an Italian accent is weird. Problem for me is that now Vincenzo is convinced it’s Toy STOOHHRRY and not TOY Story. Putting the emphasis on the Story and pronouncing it with an Italian accent. It’s hilarz because he says everything in English with an american accent and then all of a sudden when he says Toy Story it’s like he’s foreign. WTF kid???

  7. Eleonora November 10, 2011 at 12:28 pm #

    I have to work on my accent! I don’t want to sound weird!!! ;-P

  8. Eleonora November 10, 2011 at 12:30 pm #

    It is so funny they felt the need to write “Sciroppo per Pancake” on it with a clear picture of what a pancake actually is.
    I think only a few italians know what “Sciroppo d’acero” is (or a pancake)!

    And if you get just 5% maple sirup in it, what is the other 95% made of?!

  9. Jessica November 10, 2011 at 1:48 pm #

    Just pop over to France they have the actual branded ziplocs now! I should start bringing them in my car and selling them when we drive down to Rome to see the in-laws haha.

  10. Un'americana a Roma November 10, 2011 at 10:45 pm #

    Probably the dreaded corn syrup. There’s a big trend in the States right now to avoid anything with corn syrup in it. I don’t know why. Probably causes cancer or something. Boh.

  11. anna l'americana November 10, 2011 at 11:55 pm #

    No….its just a sugar, just way cheaper to make than the real stuff and therefore used very liberally in EVERYTHING savory or sweet, in lieu of actual flavor. It also doesn’t have to call itself sugar. Which it now wants to do (http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/09/14/a-new-name-for-high-fructose-corn-syrup/).

  12. horse chestnut cream cellulite

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: