Washing Dishes in Capri

22 Feb

At 8:15, to be precise.

Limited edition, folks. Try not to be jealous.

2012-02-22 11.20.41

Oh, and BTW? It really is pronounced CAH-pree, not ca-PREE. Even though everyone will look at you funny if you say it that way in the non-Italian-speaking world. Just like if you go to a restaurant like the renounced renowned Olive Garden and try to order a bru-SKET-tah instead of a brush-etta. (Cute, brushetta. Like a little brush, kind of?)

8 Responses to “Washing Dishes in Capri”

1. anna l'americana February 22, 2012 at 2:04 pm #

Wait, towards the bottom of the bottle does it say “20:15 a Capri?” So, the profumi d’Italia scents includes the stench of the 8:15 ferry from Naples….? .

2. Un'americana a Roma February 22, 2012 at 2:12 pm #

Yes it is very precise, at 20:15. I think the marketing gurus figured that is “romantic sunset hour.” Just go with it.

3. D'Amore February 22, 2012 at 2:52 pm #

Mmmmm… maybe Profumi d’Italia will add “Firenze in estate” to their collection… the subtle notes of urine and garbage would bring me back to my years in Florence… ahhhh, the romance!

4. Catherine February 22, 2012 at 5:01 pm #

Crazy! I wonder how they market it in foggy Veneto?

5. loquensmachina February 22, 2012 at 5:56 pm #

Yes, the bruschetta issue drives me nuts. I have been “corrected” many times (perhaps they think it is a German word) . I’ve also had a waitress rudely repeat pollo as “poyo” (like Spanish) when I ordered chicken in an Italian restaurant. I think she even rolled her eyes.

6. Un'americana a Roma February 23, 2012 at 12:40 pm #

So super annoying. Years ago, I worked at a Safeway to earn money to come back to Rome, and they make you say the customer’s last name on the receipt and thank them. Once a customer named Mr. “Brancaleone” came through and I pronounced it like they’d say it in Italy. He goes “You almost got it.” People talk down to grocery store cashiers all the time as if they’re idiots, totally gets to me! So I go “Oh, sorry about that. I speak Italian so that’s how they’d say it in Italy. How do YOU pronounce it?” You better believe his whole attitude changed. Idiot.

7. Un'americana a Roma February 23, 2012 at 12:44 pm #

Gray dish soap? Not so appealing. (PS Eagerly awaiting release of “Divorced Lady’s…” love love love the cover pic!)

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Washing Dishes in Portofino « - March 20, 2012

[…] in my series titled “Washing Dishes in Paradise.” Because, you know, this is how I […]