Italian Men! Leave Your Wives At Home

26 Mar

At least, that’s what easyJet seems to think is a great advertising strategy to target at those in the “terza età”. Yes, the “third age” is what they call elderly people around here, or maybe elderly isn’t the best word, maybe it’s better to say, those who are past middle age. I guess that means they should call middle age “la seconda età” meaning that the first age would be everything up until you’re like 40 I suppose, or even beyond, which kind of makes sense if you consider that lots of Italians live at home with mom and dad until they’re in their 30s and even beyond.

But, as usual, I digress.

I have been trying to take a picture of this ad for you guys for about a week now. It’s on a big billboard on the C. Colombo but I always just zip by it in a car or on the bus. Thankfully, there was a mini-version on a bus stop sign the other day:

2012-03-23 08.16.30

Boy oh boy, are those guys having the time of their lives or what?! Know why? Because, as the headline of the ad encouraged them to:

LEAVE THE WIVES AT HOME

You know, now that I really look at it, those men are having WAAAY too much fun without their wives. And again, one might ask, why is that?

The ad further says:

What makes you fly? Over 27 destinations from Rome to keep you feeling young.

What?! Help me out here, easyJet and men-having-too-much-fun-and-feeling-young. You have to leave the wives at home to feel young?

And furthermore, do you all envision a bunch of third-age men taking a group flight with easyJet? (The fine print indicates that “group rates start from”). Frankly folks, I don’t know about all that.

I mean, for one thing: who would cook dinner for them?

15 Responses to “Italian Men! Leave Your Wives At Home”

1. Catherine March 26, 2012 at 1:29 pm #

Oh gawd! So Italian this! And you are right – who on earth would do the washing and iron their big boxers while they are pinching waitress’ bottoms??

2. Acquafortis (@Acquafortis) March 26, 2012 at 3:13 pm #

I agree a very Italian advert it is. EasyJet just knows how to send its message.
    Yes who will cook dinner for them? And any way with less most of them feel better just going down to the last part of Cristoforo Colombo near Castel Porziano.

3. Francesca Maggi March 26, 2012 at 3:18 pm #

I was just going to write about this on my blog…!

But at least EasyJet didn’t show them with lap dancers as well…

FMaggi
    Burntbythetuscansun

4. Adam March 26, 2012 at 4:02 pm #

Too funny…I like how older Italian men can have fun and flirt with younger girls.

5. Arlene Gibbs Décor March 27, 2012 at 8:02 am #

I would like to see the female version of this ad.

x

6. Un'americana a Roma March 27, 2012 at 9:53 am #

AAAHAHAHAHA that’s hilarious. I know. They’re all laughing in the picture, but … I have my doubts.

7. Un'americana a Roma March 27, 2012 at 9:53 am #

Cringe.

8. Un'americana a Roma March 27, 2012 at 9:53 am #

Double cringe.

9. Un'americana a Roma March 27, 2012 at 9:54 am #

Apparently there was a prime minister once who was really good at that…

10. Un'americana a Roma March 27, 2012 at 9:54 am #

Amen!

11. Ashamed2BItalian (@ashameditalian) March 28, 2012 at 10:06 am #

They wouldn’t be wearing boxers but white ribbed cotton Y fronts with matching undershirts (like Umberto Bossi’s).

12. Un'americana a Roma March 28, 2012 at 10:26 am #

AHAHAHAHAHA!! *need to erase that mental image now*

13. Un'americana a Roma March 28, 2012 at 10:27 am #

PS I believe we call those “wife beaters” if I’m not mistaken. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wifebeater

14. tracie p May 9, 2012 at 3:14 am #

And who would iron their wittle undies?

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. How to Get an Italian Man to Fall in Love With You « - March 27, 2012

[…] sickness and in health, if the men are going to be leaving their wives at home, they’re most likely going to be doing it on a motorcycle, scooter, or at least dreaming of […]