Find What You Want Here

12 Apr

(Click through if you don’t see the image.)

IMG_20130412_093759

So basically, more or less what you’re telling me here is that I can find whatever I want, more or less, here?

Um, ok. I think.

But, hey you, marketing genius with chalk in hand? “Find less here” isn’t exactly aiming high. Kind of reminds me of this place, which is still around, in case y’all are wondering. So, come to think of it, I guess sometimes aiming for average or “just OK” can actually be a success story. But shooting for giving less than the others?

Despite the A+ for honesty, yeah–not so sure you want to keep that strategy going for much longer. Just IMHO.

7 Responses to “Find What You Want Here”

1. simcek April 12, 2013 at 9:41 am #

I’ve seen a garden centre (oh sorry: center) advertising its “prezzi umani”.
    Just in case you were wondering if it was euros or Venusian dollars.

2. Un'americana a Roma April 12, 2013 at 11:35 am #

HA I actually laughed out loud on this one. Good call. Human prices. That’s fantastic. And thanks for the American spelling. It’s always nice when someone acknowledges my native language as more than a “dialect.” 🙂 Kind of you.

3. Un'americana a Roma April 12, 2013 at 11:40 am #

Ah poi, domanda. Secondo te, quando dicono “You’ll always find here” intendevono esprimere il concetto del tipo “sempre qui”? Io penso di si. La cosa buffa e’ che quando tradotta letteralmente, la frase diventa tipo “noi diamo sempre meno” invece di “anche meno” e poi comunque… che caaa stanno a di’ qua? Cioe’ aiuto!
    Si, queste sono le cose che mi passano per la testa.

4. Beth April 12, 2013 at 12:21 pm #

My favorite translation was on a menu in Piazza del Populo: ‘linguini allo scoglio’: language to the rocks.

5. janavi April 12, 2013 at 4:35 pm #

Well, sometimes less is more.

6. Un'americana a Roma April 14, 2013 at 6:35 am #

Janavi, touchè!!!

7. simcek April 15, 2013 at 9:41 am #

You’d need a (good) psychologist to understand what they actually meant there. My take is: whatever you’re looking for, you’ll find it here. (Then, why not write it like that?)
    As for the spelling, you’re welcome. When in Rome etc etc…